Aurora Suite 2005 Professional Edition
Aurora Suite 2005 Professional Edition provides access to Aurora Suite's full feature set for both Augmentative Communication
and Learning Disabilities. It is the only edition that includes our full customer support service including one year of
access to our experienced telephone technical support and two years of 24-hour automated internet support including updates.
If you are looking for the best support, and a full feature set for users with learning disabilities, dyslexia or
for augmentative communication, this is the product to choose.
To get detailed information and animated examples of Aurora Suite's many features, have a look at our
Aurora Suite 2005 Tour.
We also offer a Feature Comparison Chart for the three editions of our
product and a list of the
key features for Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia,
Augmentative Communication, or
Speech as well as a
brief list of some of the new features in Aurora Suite 2005.
In addition to all the features in the Value and Standard Editions, the word prediction in the Professional Edition is enhanced with our most accurate word prediction
algorithms, phrase prediction, and supports dictionaries up to 1,000,000 words. For maximal keystroke savings,
this is the edition to choose. The word prediction in the Professional Edition also provides the most customizable
word prediction list, offering up to 40 words, separate sorting for word completion and next word prediction tasks,
cursor following, as well as spacing choices and more.
The Professional Edition provides additional speech synthesizer support for Microsoft SAPI 4 which gives users
access to a number of very high quality free speech synthesizers not available for SAPI 5 plus our easy to use
pronunciation correction system which guarantees often mispronounced words like names will be spoken
New features such as the Feature Editor, Recent Words Priority Boost, Punctuation Monitoring, the 40-word Prediction List,
and the ability to Disable Next Word Prediction are only available in the Professional Edition.
A few of the Features You'll Find in Aurora Suite 2005
- Aurora Prediction is advanced, effective word completion and prediction that learns your writing style, and works with all the applications you need it to.
- Abbreviation Expansion saves keystrokes by letting you program a short code to type instead of often used phrases.
- Phrase prediction learns phrases as you type for even more effective keystroke savings than single-word predictors.
- Grammatical Rules help the word prediction system give you better suggestions.
- AutoPunctuation, AutoCapitalization and AutoSpacing save keystrokes by typing spaces and capitals where you need them.
- Phonetic word completion helps guess the word you're typing even if you spell it wrong.
- Talking Spellchecker works with any application and is tuned to the needs of the most creative spellers.
- Homonym alert, definitions, and usage examples for over 2100 homonyms make sure you use the right word.
- Placing the mouse over a homonym or other macro displays its full text in a tooltip.
- The Dictionary Editor allows you to edit your dictionary, or even import vocabulary from documents you've written to get prediction up to speed on your writing style.
- Pretrained English word prediction vocabularies from 1,900 to 625,000 words, many including 20,000 common names and places.
- Additional language dictionaries for UK English, French, German, Italian, Finnish, Spanish and Swedish.
- Automatic Spelling Corrections correct common misspellings instantly. Add your own with the touch of a button.
- For people who have difficulty with next word prediction, it can be turned off.
- The Prediction window can display up to 40 words to select from.
- Recently added words can get an additional priority boost.
- Aurora Prediction can predict abbreviation expansions so you may not even have to memorize the codes.
- Aurora Talk provides fast and easy conversational speech output for public speaking or day-to-day discussions.
- Multiple conversations allows you to organize phrases by topic or situation.
- Permanent phrases guarantee you'll never have to retype phrases if you don't want to.
- Smart paste makes it painless to convert a word processor document into a spoken presentation.
- Programmable function keys let you store up to 33 of your favourite phrases for fast access.
- Aurora Echo is a simple screenreader that reads documents, email or web pages when reading is a chore.
- Read Marked Block lets you use the mouse to mark text in email, web pages, or word processor documents for reading.
- Read Button or Window turns Aurora Echo into a screenreader, reading anything you put the mouse over.
- Aurora Echo offers spoken feedback as you type so you can hear if you make mistakes.
- Echo has a new button to stop the speech synthesizer while it is speaking. Prediction and Talk offer this as a menu item.
- Run-on-Sentence alert lets you know when it is time to consider adding some punctuation.
- Punctuation Monitoring reminds you when you start a question, but don't finish it with a question mark.
- Synthesized Speech.
- Microsoft Speech API Version 4 and 5 speech synthesizers are supported making Aurora compatible with nearly all modern software speech synthesizers.
- Visual Highlighting for speech output, highlighting each word as it is spoken, with complete visual customization of font, size and colors.
- Pronunciation correction system assures words are always pronounced correctly by the speech synthesizer.
- Microsoft English synthesizers are included, additional L&H synthesizers for American English, British English, French, Spanish, Russian, Portugese, Korean, Japanese, Italian, German and Dutch are available by download.
- Feature Editor's fine grained feature control lets teachers control exactly what help Aurora Suite offers students.
- 168 page printed User's Guide covers Aurora Suite's features in detail.
- Telephone, Web and Email support assures you won't waste time finding solutions to any problems you might have.
- Languages are better supported now that Aurora is user-translateable and all UNICODE.
Aurora Suite Professional Edition can be purchased for a single user, or for groups of 5 or 10 users at significant savings.
The Professional Edition is also available as the special
Aurora Suite 2005 Professional Edition Volume License for installations of 25 or more seats.
We offer flexible licensing, such that each licensed user of Aurora Suite 2005 Professional Edition, in addition to the
primary installation, may also install the software on a second portable computer. We encourage you to read the
License for specific details.
Hardware and Software Requirements
Minimum system requirements for Aurora Suite 2005 for Windows are Windows Vista, Windows XP or Windows 2000,
a 400MHz Pentium compatible CPU, 64M of RAM, 50M of disk space, and a display resolution of at least
800x600. Speech output requires a windows supported sound card and speakers. Some program features
require an internet connection.